A good pest control professional will provide a rodent control program that not only uses humane trapping methods but also takes rodent control measures to prevent rodent infestations in the future. We operate with morals and believe that animals should only be trapped using live traps.
When we capture an animal, it will be relocated to an area where it will not bother our customers anymore. We also know what is legally allowed to be trapped as well as the best and most humane ways to go about rodent and live animal removal.
Live trapping is not just about putting a cage out and waiting for the animal to go into it. We first evaluate where the best placement will be to effectively capture the animal that is giving you issues. After listening to what pain points drove you to contact us, we will survey the property and place traps close to the area in which they cause the most trouble for you.
Next, we identify what type of bait makes the most sense to lure the pesky animal into the trap. Depending on what kind of animal you are having an issue with, the bait will vary. Skunks prefer fishy snacks or even cat food, while squirrels and chipmunks will be caught easily with nuts, popcorn, or even cereal as bait. We ensure that the right bait is properly placed so there is enough room for the entire animal to be in the trap before it closes.
We ask that you check the traps at least once a day so that you can notify us once an animal is captured and we can come to relocate it.
At Security Pest Control, we are pioneers in the rodent control industry, combining the most effective aspects of nuisance wildlife elimination and preventative rodent control. Our rodent and animal removal process can be broken down into three steps.
- Inspection: We'll conduct a full inspection of the interior and exterior of your property to look for the rodents' entrance points as well as where they may be living nearby.
- Baiting & Trapping: We'll evaluate for the best placement of the animal trap, or traps, for capture and identify the most effective rodent bait type for that particular species. We'll ask that you check the trap daily and notify us - then we'll come to relocate it!
- Exclusionary Measures: We'll inspect your home, property, or business for preventative rodent control. It's easier to stop rodents and other unwanted animals from becoming an issue than it is to get rid of rodents!
Once you're rid of rodents, the last step of the treatment plan is prevention. Understanding what the signs are of a rodent problem and securing your home from rat infestation or other rodents will go a long way. Eliminating food sources such as excess trash, pet food, bird feeders, etc. as well as blocking entry points, or access points will go a long way.
It's important to know the signs of active rodent activity. Watch for the following on your property or inside your home, as these are all possible signs of a rodent population, especially a rat problem:
- Concentrated amounts of droppings or trails.
- Urine stains and odors where there shouldn't be any.
- Nests made up of loose paper and other nesting material, possibly close to a food source.
- Unusual gnaw marks or bite marks on furniture, wall corners, baseboards, etc.
- Smudge marks along baseboards and behind furniture.
Although it can be tempting to handle the situation yourself by purchasing snap traps or rat poison, it's best to call in a professional to handle the removal. Accidental poisoning is possible since some bait stations are harmful to humans as well as domestic animals.
Since 1997, Security Pest Control has helped families and businesses get rid of pests and animals that bother them. Our clients know us as the friendly neighborhood exterminators who have the experience to handle your pest problems quickly and effectively. For more information about live trapping, or to discover how we can make your life a lot easier, please contact us. Our team will be happy to help you maintain a rodent-free home.
Why Choose Security Pest Control for Rodent Removal Services?Serving the pest control industry for over 34 years, we've stood by our service, guaranteed, and are committed to helping keep your life free from unwanted pests! When you need our services, you'll be in good hands. Here a just a few reasons why choosing us is the best choice:
- No Contracts Required!
- Licensed and Insured Technicians
- Unmatched Professional & Courteous Service
- Same-Day Services are Available
- Minimally Invasive, Safe, and Humane Rodent & Pest Control Services
- Proud Member of the Canton Chamber of Commerce
- Family Owned and Locally Operated